Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADP Hosted Clietn with ReportSmith 3.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokamura

MIS
Aug 30, 2004
US
We are implementing the ADP EV3 HRMS product as a hosted client. That means that the application is running on the ADP servers (in Iowa). ReportSmith 3.11 is included. I would greatly appreciate any help with the following questions.

1. Does anyone know how I can get a user's manual for ReportSmith 3.1? I only see the v.4.2 manual on the SRS website. From the response I'm getting from ADP, I must be the first customer in the world who is requesting a v.3.1 manual.

2. Is there anyone out there running ADP as a hosted client and using a ReportSmith version higher than 3.11? If so, how is this done. I can't be sure, but v.3.11 looks like it is very old. I like the features that I see in v.4. I would hate to have to be stuck with v.3.1.

Thanks,
Clyde Okamura

I'm surprised you're on v3.11; expect an upgrade to v4.2.

ADP did publish their own documentation for ReportSmith, but it was never available in PDF or electronic format, just paper. You might see if they can find these:
- ReportSmith Quick Reference Card (v3.0 publication # is 40310.
- Sample Report Guide (try to get version 3.1). This is a spiral-bound book 200 or so pages showing all the sample reports ADP developed, user prompts and tables used.
- Oracle Upgrade notes or similar-- usually published as a job aid after each upgrade of ADP software. Esp. helpful for switching from SQLBase to Oracle.

Who to contact: your best bet is the ADP sales rep. They can usually get you stuff no one else can.

Good luck!

Clyde,

Did you get the reference material you were looking for?

Matt Waugh (remember me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back