Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADP Export for Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaakamai3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2006
US
Does anyone have any experience for exporting Aloha data for ADP? They are asking us to set up a bridge and they seem kinda clueless.

You just create a file.

If you want to use winhook to automate it, use something like this:
%IBERDIR%\BIN\RPT.EXE /DATE %1 /RD
Then it needs to be moved (maybe)to the ADP working location, something like this:
COPY %IBERDIR%\PCPERS\EXTPAY*.* C:\ADP\PCPERS

Thanks rockstar. That's kind of the direction I was headed.

I guess the command line switches you have to add will be a mile long and conform to the order the ask for in their sample template?

I am assuming it will be a lot more involved than what you wrote there in terms of out, correct?

I don't remember, but I think it's standard output.
Last time I did it, we used the winhook line above, and then we just transferred the file elsewhere using FTP.
The file itself I believe is generated from aloha and there aren't very many, if any, parameters.

Hey Rokstar-

I messed around with this and didn't get very far- can you be a a little more particular about the syntax? Are you saying it should just be a batch file run from the bin directory that runs: %IBERDIR%\BIN\RPT.EXE /DATE %1 /R ??

I'm a little confused as to the implementation, I would appreciated a nudge in the right direction.

Sure.
I was showing you how it could be run from a batch file, such as winhook, to run automatically or remotely or whatever...

If you don't need that, then just go in aloha manager to Functions...create ADP Export.

The batch file doesn't have to be in BIN, or anywhere, it just needs to point to bin to run the rpt.exe (the report applet) with the switches: "/DATE %1" (means 'yesterday') and "/RD" which means to create the "export" report which will be an ADP export file in the PCPERS folder.

But I also just realized you could be looking for an "HR Bridge". This is available through Enterprise/Insight. If you're an enterprise customer, open a support ticket and they'll get you the information, or maybe even set it all up for you.

These are two different animals. I was showing you how to create the export, not a 'bridge'.
If you aren't an enterprise user, then you'll have to speak with ADP about where this file needs to be or where it needs to go, like an FTP transfer to them, or an ADP software piece for you. In this case the previous instructions will help you create the file needed.
Sorry if this got confusing.

No apologies necessary, I very much appreciate your assistance.

In response to a few of your comments:

We are not an enterprise customer... that is, our stores are not on an enterprise version of Aloha.

On the other hand, the ADP guy did call it a bridge. Not an "HR Bridge"... but a bridge. They were not extremely helpful or clear. But the impression that I got was that they wanted what you originally said- an export file.

I am a little frusrtated with them, the guy can't seem to answer much.

Also, when I try to create ADP export, I select a date, and it says Now Run the ADP Validation Program....??

Sorry, I didn't mean to post that last message just yet, wasn't finished...

but anyway, I talked to the guy at ADP and he said all they need is a output file in csv in format, similar to a sample her sent me.

Hopefully, that will shed some light on what type of bridge this is... it certainly sounds like an simple export.

I should mention that I do get output when I run the report as you suggested, but it's not a csv file, it looks like this inbs PCPERS folder:

A001 00201z 6
B00300989400410080000060110150000 0120000450 z
B00300783600410080000060110150000 0120000450 z
z
B00300455800410080000060110200000 0120000440

Follow the few previous threads there were regarding this topic, the results are not very encouraging.

Only luck I have had with ADP is using a product called TransManager.

Yeah, one of the most recent posts I saw about it was yours, and it was while back. And that's not a good sign considering you worked (or work) for dealer, didn't you?

I thought TransManager was just for Quickbooks.

I may have been a dealer, run a dealership, worked for one or all of the above. I will not go into detail in a public forum.

TransManger is the only way to bridge to ADP that I am aware of. The CVS export file is not in the format ADP wants to my knowledge. It worked years ago but ADP updated their systems and the export file never changed unless that was done in fairly new versions.

Well, it's not like we know who you are :) but fair enough, I just thought I heard you openly mention that once in the years you've been contributing on this forum. My only point being, if you had access to Aloha support, etc... and still couldn't get it to work without TransMan, that's not a good sign.

Yeah, they have for sure said the csv file will be the output and uploaded to their site, and that the bridge has to be create by us.
I wonder if they still make Transmanager.

There's icontrolpos.com. I have a few customers who worked with him and like the product. Nice guy to work with also which makes it nice. Something like $500 to start up though.

alohaakamai3,

"My only point being, if you had access to Aloha support, etc..."

No, not a good sign however... Wait, they had support??

Thanks for the tip. Is icontrolpos a product/person who can build the bridge from Aloha to ADP? Looked a little online, but what I was coming across looked like a POS system.

It's a bridge to Adp. He does everything remotely. Uses Gotomeeting and that stuff. Give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back