Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADP/cannot update cont. form - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBG

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
US
I am creating my first ADP application. All is well, and I am referencing "Professional SQL programming with Access 2000" (xlnt WROX book).

But now I need to create a continuious from based on a table. In fact, just for testing, I simply want to create a test table with 3 fields, run the autoform wizard, and come up with a testform with the nav bottons at the bottom that I can edit and insert with.

But when I create the form using the form wizard, the fields are not updateable, and I the ">*" nav button is disabled.

In essense, I cannot create a simple continuous form that allows for inserts and edits.

If I am making sense so far, what I missing?

Much obliged...

JBG

I got the answer, though it seems weird.

If I copy table, which I had done and had the problem, I cannot create an autoform that can be edited. But if I create the table from scratch, it works fine.

Hmmmmmm...

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back