Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe printing with reader using VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

idono

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
Hello all,
I have an application that opens acrobat reader and prints several pdfs. On my machine it works, but on the users it will not. I get "429 ActiveX cannot create component". The line that causes the app to bomb is...
Set AVDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.AVDoc")

Am I missing a .dll on the users box? Is reader capable of performing this. Please help, I'm losing hair fast!

idono,
Check Project-References. You probably had to select one of them to make your reference to adobe work. My guess is that it is one of the "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library" options. Select that option and check what it has below the listbox. You will see the .dll that reference uses. Mine says "c:\program files\common files\system\ado\msado15.dll" for the 2.7 library. Try registering that .dll.

Good luck!

idono,

The object creation you have used requires the Acrobat Type Library, Acrobat.tbl. It comes with the full install of acrobat or acrobat approval. Users using Reader will not have the file as they do not have the full version of Acrobat.

-kophjager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back