Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Premiere in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetstrm

Technical User
Feb 1, 2005
US
Hi, need emergency help here if possible. We are making a movie / documentary and all of a sudden out of the blue Premiere starts running strangely.My husband is running windows XP and this problm just started though wehave been using Premiere for a long time. When you try to preview a clip, as my husband describes it, it "pisses all over the screen". I think he means that it is not displaying correctly and ends up throwing odd garbage all over. I have not seen it yet. The sound also stutters. I have tried reinstalling but that has not worked. I hav also tried rolling back windos XP to an earlier setting but it says that it was unable to roll back. I am unsure where to go next. ANyone ever had this problem? Thanks!

:aura

OK actually I have more info. Sorry if I was vague before, I just wanted to get this out there as soon as possible. WHen you try to preview a clip rather then render the work area it displays garbage anf the weird thing is the scrambled image appears in the upper left of the monitor screen, not in the preview window itself. This seems to happen only when using this codec and I do not know where I can go to replace the codec. In fact if anyone has this one would you be wiling to email the file to me or something? I am not sure which of 4 possinle pieces of software gave us the codec but it is the only one we use. Thanks!
We are using LEAD MJPEG

Laura

I found the problem. I figured I would post it here in case anyone else has the problem in the future. I was really frantic for a while, this is our livelihood here LOL. The problem had nothing to do with photoshop. My husband ran an old DOS version of a game (GTA) and somehow it messed with our display settings and it was causing the Adobe Premiere preview window to behave oddly. I have always gottwn a lot of help on this message board so I thought I would share this solutions. Thanks!

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back