Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Premiere Cant Import xvid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mambusa

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2003
GB
Hi, here's my problem, I am using premiere 6.5 I can convert avi to xvid but cannot import xvid files.I just get message saying unsupported format any thoughts would be much appreciated as I am at a loss.
Regards

Are you supposed to be able to import xvid files into Premiere? I mean, "unsupported format" seems pretty descriptive.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Hi Mambusa
Format officially supported in Premiere..........NO !
However....try to match all the clip settings with your project settings.

1)Make sure,xvid is installed on your machine (device manager > sound and game controller > video codecs > right click properties > properties again > check the codec list

2)Premiere > new project > select "Pal Video for Windows"> click OK
3)File > get properties for > select your file > it tells you the A-Z of your file > keep it open as reference
4)Project > settings > video > adjust all the apprpriate settings , frame size (deselect 4:3) frame rate etc etc >
click next > adjust the audio as well
5)file > import file > select your xvid clip > et voila !

Works for me also with divx encoded footage

Good luck
FcotW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back