Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe MPEG Encoder Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordRocks

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
CA
I'm trying to use the MPEG Encoder to export an AVI file to DVD. The source file is good and when I encode with TMPGEnc it works perfectly. However, when I try to do it in Premiere 6.5 there is either no picture at all or only part of the video shows up. The video file (.m2v) is always 863kb when I use Premiere and 27,017kb with TMPGEnc; a huge difference. I've tried a number of different ways of encoding in the Adobe MPEG Encoder and am having no luck. Can anyone help with this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

.....Gord

I have never tried encoding a video from Premiere to VCD/SVCD/DVD formats, but that is because of the large volume of feedback on the web complaining about Premiere's ability (lack of) do it properly. I use TMPGEnc as you have, using Premiere to generate AVI, TMPGEnc to make MPEG, and everything works great. TMPGEnc is highly regarded as a quality product for such a process.

Thanks for the reply. I was already beginning to think that this is the only way to do it. Thanks again.

.....Gord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back