Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe is auto-refreshing a page (causing it to load twice)...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBGoode

Programmer
May 1, 2002
CA
I have a .NET application that dynamically creates a PDF. I know that Adobe is automatically refreshing the page because the constructor of the .NET page is called twice. This is causing a problem because the .NET app hits a log file. Most times this PDF is created (but not every time), there are 2 instances in the log file for the hit. Why is this? How can I prevent Adobe from doing this? Has anyone else ever noticed this?

how are you creating your pdf file? from a crystal report or just from the form itself?

post your code.

It is create using a .NET extention called DynamicPDF. It is written out to the page as a PDF.

DynamicPDF" is that a third party product? if so, you may need to contact there tech support.

otherwise if it's not, post your code

It IS a 3rd-party extension. I was just hoping someone else had run into this issue and has already found a solution. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back