Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe InDesign file exported to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWDO

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
I am doing a volleyball program with InDesign, incorporating print, graphics and photos. I took digital photos of players, loaded them into Photoshop7, cropped, resized and auto-leveled them and saved them as greyscale PSDs. They look great onscreen in InDesign and print well from InDesign to my Canon i950, however, when I exported the indd file as a PDF file (requested by the printing co.)
and test printed the whole thing, all of the greyscale photos print with kind of a light yellow-blue muddy cast that looks terrible. Any ideas what the problem is with the PDF export? I tried printing the file as greyscale and the photos came out the same. The rest of the PDF file prints perfectly. Any help would be appreciated!

WWDO,
I know it's been awhile since you posted this query and I'm hoping you check back periodically. I don't have an answer for you but I'd like to ask some questions in order to pin down your problem. First, have you solved this issue and what did you do to solve it? Second, if you haven't solved it, have you tried saving your photo files to any other format besides PSD, such as TIF or JPG or EPS? Third, have you verified (or does it matter) that you are using the proper postscript driver for your printer? Fourth, and I haven't tried this myself but I plan to, did you try to print and distill rather than export to PDF?
[peace]

Knock and the door shall be opened unto you. Seek and ye shall find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back