Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Illustrator 10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladywebtech

Technical User
Dec 1, 2002
US
I am having problems with Adobe Illustrator 10. It won't start. I just sits there with the initial adobe illustrator window you seee when you first click on the icon. When I go to ctrl-alt-delete it says its not responding. After I sit there for a few it eventually comes up, but then it won't show the tools or the workspace. I have tried to uninstall it several times and reinstall it, that doesn't work. What should I do?

When loading, there is a list of program components that flash by directly under the graphic (above the credits). What component does Illustrator hang on?

Then you have an incompatible font somewhere. If you are using ATM Deluxe, deactivate some fonts and try again.

ohhhhhh ok, but I don't have ATM, so what do I have to do? :)

Quit all running applications and drag all of your fonts out of your fonts folder and into a temporary folder (sometimes you won't be let take certain fonts out, so don't worry about that).

If Illustrator opens, then it's definately one of the fonts that you dragged out. Put half of them back, try again, half back, try again... until it crashes Illustrator again. Then dump the offending font.

I moved the fonts, but its still not working. I went back to Illustrator 9 and it opens perfectly. I can open all of my Adobe software except for Illustrator 10 and Adobe After Effects. You think there may be a glitch with the program?

LOL, now i can't open Adobe GoLive because it gets stuck on "Bravo Libraries". My system wasn't doing this before with my programs.

Have you figured out how to fix this problem? My Illustrator 10 is doing exactly the same thing and non of the suggestions on this thread have helped. Please post your answer on this thread if you got it to work.

try deleteing any copy of adobefnt*.lst

or try deleteing AI prefs file... search for AI prefs showing all hidden files.

"try deleteing any copy of adobefnt*.lst"

I was having this problem! Deleting these files fixed it. Much thanks philmoran! You rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back