Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe ICON in Outlook won't go AWAY!!! ...help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2004
US
Client has Adobe 7 on her WIN 2000 machine with Office 2000 installed. She keeps getting the Adobe PDF Icons in her toolbar in Outlook and when she creates new mail.

She wants it to go away... but it keeps returning.

I tried the following regestry edit that I dug up on the net:

Outlook; you can't remove "Attach as Adobe PDF" from the New Mail toolbar.
After you installed Adobe Acrobat 6 you find that you have a new button on the New Mail toolbar in Outlook and even if you remove it it comes back.

Start the Registry Editor (go to Start, Run and type Regedt32). Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\PDFMOutlook.PDFMOutlook\. Find the REG_DWORD value LoadBehavior. The value is set to 3 =the button is visible in the Outlook toolbar. Set the value to 0 =the button will not show in the toolbar the next time you want to send an e-mail. You can always reset the value to 3 if you want the button to reappear in the toolbar.

Works with Outlook 2002 or 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 6.
It may or may not work with other versions of Outlook and Adobe Acrobat or combinations thereof.

This worked but the icon returned... any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

erikhertzel wrote.
>Try reinstalling Outlook after installing the Adobe 7.
Are you seriously advising others that off the forum?! Don't you think you're making a drama out of it?

I don't think that would be a bad idea to try, and no, I am not trying to make a drama out of anything. It was just a thought.

Thanks,

Erik

Thanks for your correction tsuji. I wasn't trying to post off topic if that is what you thought I was trying to do. Sometimes using two applications such as Adobe and Outlook can be complicated and it would sometimes depend on which was installed first ( I have seen this with various Adobe products) and also if there was corruption involved in the registry, that could possibly take care of it.

Thanks again,

Erik

Did this client have the Adobe Pdfmaker software on it at one time?

I'm not sure... I'll have to look at the SMS logs.

If she did, would this cause the problem... is there a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back