Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe After Effects plug ins - filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

MIS
Jun 9, 1999
GB
does anyone know if KPT 3.0 plug ins for photoshop are available for full use in after effects, or a similar product. <br>
<br>
Dropping the photoshop filters into the after effects plug ins folder allows use, but not full use of them as you cannot set proper key frames? I want to do some stuff using some of the effects, especially KPT vortex tiling (available in KPT 3.0 for photoshop)???<br>
<br>
can anyone help here?<br>
thanks,<br>
<br>
Monkey

I've never seen any other plugins for After Effects other than Eye Candy by Alien Skin for After Effects and Aurorix 2 by DigiEffects. But if I find any others I'll get back to ya.

I've never tried putting third party Photoshop filters in After Effects but I know that Photoshop filters in AE, in general, are of limited use. In fact, even the AE manual mentions that all the &quot;factory&quot; filters for Photoshop are not readily transferable to AE. There are plenty of other plug-in packages for AE such as Alien Skin's Eye Candy, DigiEffects Aurorix and Berserk and Ice's Final Effects Complete. I have many of these and recommend them highly although they are all quite expensive and many are very render intensive. You can also go to the Adobe website and get a pretty complete list of available third party plug-ins for AE.

i've pretty good collection of After effects 4.1 plug ins...
and i would like to know if some body had forge free form
and evolution plugins....for sharing

There are BOATLOADS of third party plug-ins available for After Effects. Two of the packages, Atomic Power Evolution and Cult Effects, are going to be included in AE 5. Check out the AE FreeMart and look in the plug-ins section. There are links to over 50 third party plug-ins with indepth descriptions and links to where you can get demos. You can get a disk from Toolfarm that had demos of all of these plug-ins (for free). At the AE FreeMart, you can download some free plugins too, along with lots of tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back