Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Acrobat Compatibility with GP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I know the official Client Requirements list for GP 10 lists, 9, 8, 7, and 6.

Will it also work with higher versions of Acrobat? If so, how high will it go?

What about the newest GP 2013? I saw Acrobat X in the requirement list, but will it accept versions before or after X? If so how far back/forward does that go?

Thanks.

In my experience, the versions right before and after what is listed are typically fine. So, for example, for GP 2010, Acrobat 8 and 9 are on the official list, but I am using Acrobat X with it without any issues.

That said, unless you can test it yourself or find someone with the exact combination you're looking for, you cannot know for sure. I have not seen any lists where someone has compiled compatibility lists for GP versions and Acrobat.

Also, the Acrobat version will only come into play if you are using the 'send to ... mail recipient (PDF)' option - for anything else you should be able to print to whatever Acrobat version you want as a printer without any compatibility questions.

Hope that helps.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2013
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Yes, our users DO use the 'send to ... mail recipient (PDF)' option. It is less cumbersome than changing the printer, printing it it a file, then emailing it - oh and then remembering to change the printer back.

That said, I understand that with GP 2010 (we are still on 10 though) they introduced some new emailing features. Are those dependent as well?

I believe the emailing in GP 2010 uses PDF creators that do not require a full version of Acrobat. However, not everything can be emailed that way, so it would really depend on what your specific needs are.

Also, in GP 2013 you can choose the printer at the time of printing, you don't have to do it ahead of time anymore. :)

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2013
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Thanks Victoria, that's helped a bit. Now I've got to start upgrading our plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back