Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Acrobat 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2002
US
On my win2k machine, when priting to acrobat distiller to create the pdf file, I'm am getting this message:

There was an error found when printing to the document ....
Do you want to retry or cancel the job.

This works on my win98 pc. Do I need to update something for win 2k professional? Thanks.

I'm not really sure if you problem lies with the application, it's settings, or something else.

But, check out Adobe's Knowledgebase Document #326346 (Unable to Print to Distiller Printer 5.x for Windows) at ... or search for it by number on their site.

Let us know if that helps solve your problems(s).

Jus

I had this problem lately under Win2k and it turned out that: 1. I was a running out of disk space for the often huge .ps files that distiller writes on the way to creating the pdf and 2. the original Quark 450Meg+ file had so many images it was probably overasking the page memory even though i have that set at 4Gig. reducing the file-size by a G let it print OK.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back