Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO Timeout Error in Delphi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanon

Programmer
Jun 7, 2000
CA
I have an application in Delhpi 5 which runs several stored procedures. It connect via ADOConnection and ADOStoredProc.

I have set the CommandTimeout on the connection to 0 for no timeout. Times out at 30 seconds.

I have set the CommandTimeout on the connection to 3600 for one hour time out. Times out at 30 seconds.

Anything I try times out at 30 seconds.

I can see no where on the ODBC where I might override this setting.

It is timing out at 30 seconds no matter what I do.

Can someone help with this problem?

You may want to check your database's default time-out.

Not too long ago, I was working in a D5/DB2 suite of apps and we were running into a similar problem. It turned out to be some of the default settings in the database getting to us.

Ralph D. Wilson II
<http:thewizardsguild.com>

&quot;Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.&quot; A.C. Clark

Thanks for the reply. I found the answer. The Delphi query and stored procedure ADO component CommandTimeout attributes DO NOT WORK. No matter what you set them for you will get a 30 second timeout. To avoid this you must use the Command Component. The CommandTimeout on this component actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back