Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinron

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
i have tested my app on 3 machines and it works perfect.

i installed it an a client's machine today and this message appeared:

"record was deleted"

the only thing she did was exit my form(not the program, just a data entry screen):

"unload me" was the only code

any ideas??

Please check Database, I'm sure U will find the error. (I have no your concrete soure code)

There may be other events fired just before the "unload me"
check all the relevent events.

Have you tried putting a stop in your code and stepping through all of it to see what happens when you unload your form? When the form unloads some code on another form may be executed (like gotfocus etc etc)

Transcend
[gorgeous]

I've had this happen when the database has been corrupted. Try repairing and compacting it and you just might be OK.

Good luck!

If the above doesn't help, then I would try first compacting and then repairing the Mdb.

Else:
Are you using bound controls? A DataGrid?
Was a Record actually deleted, since the form was opened, by some other user?

[/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back