Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO cursor location in ADP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsitz

Programmer
Dec 14, 2000
US
I'm working on an Access Data Project accessing a SQL Server 2k backend. The currentproject.connection.cursorlocation seems to default to client (aduseclient=3) and I can't figure out how to change it.

I want to use a cursor location on the server for some recordsets and changing the cursor location on the recordset objects themselves seems to have no effect. That is, they seem to be read only.

I've tried to change the cursor location on the CurrentProject.Connection object also, but can't figure out how to do it. I try to assign it like this:

currentproject.connection.cursorlocation = aduseserver

but again, it seems to be read only.

Any help?

Thanks,

Herb Sitz

I found the answer. Because ADP's use a nonstandard ADO provider (msdatashape), you can't modify the cursor location of the currentproject's connection at all. You can create a separate connection that uses the normal ADO provider that will let you specify cursor location.

Details are here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back