Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AdminPak on XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grshopper

MIS
May 1, 2002
US
I have not tried it yet for myself, but have been told by our Hardware/Network manager that the AdminPak for Windows 2000 will not load on XP. Has any one tried this, or seen a newer adminpak for XP?

The reason I ask is we have a Windows 2000 domain that I must be able to administer user accounts on, but I also have to support some home users with their VPN connections to work, and more and more of them are getting Windows XP and having no working knowledge of the product it gets difficult some times. I would really like to be able to run Windows XP on my laptop and still be able to access Active Directory from the laptop. I have thought of Terminal services, but getting the network admin to create the profile for us is difficult.

Thanks for any help on this in advance. ---------------------------------------
A+ Certified
Microsoft Certified Proffesional
---------------------------------------

You can download the AdminPak for WindowsXP (lets you administer Win2k domains as well) from the MS download site. It is also included with the .NET server beta CDs, if they're available to you. Here's a direct link to the one at Microsoft's web site...

Good luck..

-John

cool, my support post must be outdated. Its too bad they don't have a way to eradicate invalid entries.
Thanks for the tip, will this allow you to administer any 2k server? or just .net servers?
Is .net an entirely seperate OS or just an add-on to 2k server?

.NET and *any* w2k server. .NET is a new O/S, basically the server version of XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back