Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

komark

Technical User
Sep 12, 2005
US
Can I have more than one administrator? like admin1, admin2...

Yes.

Administrator is a mandatory account, but you can assign admin privs to any account.

The real issue: why do you want multiple administrator accounts? This goes against most "best practices" advice.

I want multiple accounts so that those accounts can change resource calendar. Being a company of 400, it is really hard to change the resource calendar's for PTOs and other things. I want the project managers to have that access and change the calendar

I see two separate topics here... granting administrative rights to multiple users, which is quite easy to do if the Project Server is configured properly, and changing resource calendars.

Regarding the first topic, you should have an Administrators group (or similar) configured on your Project Server, and if so, then you can simply add users to that group. If the system is configured properly using groups and categories, then you can add rights / permissions to a user by simply adding them to the appropriate user group.

Regarding the second topic, the question that I have is this: Does it make the most sense to specify resource non-project time by modifying their resource calendar? There are other ways to accomplish this, but without knowing (a) how your system is configured, and (b) what types of processes you are using, it is difficult to determine the best option.

Good Luck!

Bill
----------
Got MSProject Questions?
Visit Real-Time Help for Microsoft Project
----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back