Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrator Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkshankarg

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2005
AU
Hi guys,

I want to know if local administrator on Windows XP clients can be blocked from logging on using GPO in Windows 2003 Server ? If possible how can I do it ? I want only the Domain Admin to be active and disable the local admin for all XP Clients.

Don't recommend it, but you can push the disabling of the administrator account, under computer config->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->Security Options->"accounts:Administrator Account status

I dont want to disable the Domain Admin account. I just want to disable the admin account on the Client side. Is there a way to do it ?

Here is a quicker way for you to do this:

Code:
strComputer = InputBox "On what computer do you want to disable the admin account?"
Set objUser = GetObject("WinNT://" & strComputer & "/administrator")
objUser.AccountDisabled = True
objUser.SetInfo

Save this as a .vbs and your local administrator accounts will be disabled. You may need to do some fine tuning, but this should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back