Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrative Tools Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

donfather

MIS
Jul 27, 2004
US
I just migrated over to AD on Thursday night, network worked fine until I came in yesterday morning. When I logged on to the server Monday morning. The administrative tools are all missing. Also, RDP (terminal services) are not working on that server.. That server is currently our DHCP server and that seems to be running fine. It seems that all the services are working fine, however the only way i can connect to anything is through MMC. not through administrative tools..

Thanks.

Bit confused, but I would suggest a reinstall of the admin tools from the MS website.

If you can go into more detail regarding 'migrating to AD' and recent issues then you may get more help regarding the cause as this sounds more deeply rooted that just the tools going missing!

Cheers,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Are you not seeing the Administrative Tools in Control Panel?

If you right-click on the Start Menu, Properties, click on the Customize button...

In the Advanced Start Menu Option scroll box, make sure Display Administrative Tools is checked.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

That isn't the issue, the problem is that they completely disappeared.. They are not installed anymore on the server, so it looks like they have been deleted..

thanks

Check to see if there is anything unusual in the event viewer?

Well the All Users profile got deleted, and I don't know how... no one logged into the server to delete that profile. The weird thing is all the services are working find, just all the administrative tools are gone.. Its like there not installed anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back