Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrative Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilder

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2001
US
I've attempted to create an administrative install on a server. Everytime I run the commad line setup.exe /a option, the CD seemingly just runs without interface. I'll End Task the process and then find that the program began spreading the install over multiple drives on the server, rather than prompting for the location I want the install at. Any ideas? Jason Wilder
IT/CAD Manager

Same thing happened to me on my test network, it never asked anything, just copied the whole CD to one of the partitions on the RAID array... Have you solved this??

Alex

Hey I figured out that it automaticly installs on your lowest network drive letter. So I created a share just for office, and than ran the setup.

Dave

This is deliberate in OEM versions of Office, you cannot run administrative installs unless you have MOLP or Retail version of the software.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back