Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administer Call Pilot via Dial Up Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloBilly

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2014
US
Good afternoon, all. Our client took away our old Windows 7 machine that we used for administrating remote Call Pilot sites. In its place is a Windows 10 box. I configured dial up networking with the username "ngensys" and the default password. However, when I get connected to the remote Call Pilot, I get a dialog box asking for username, password, and domain name.

My question is: what is the domain name? I tried "localhost" but it didn't like that name.

>try name of the server default was CALLPILOT

Tried it. Didn't work. Also tried the machine's IP address. That didn't work either.

I think your only answer is to ask someone at the remote site to conncxt up a keyboard. Monitor and mouse onto the Call Pilot system as there are connections to do this.

You will probably need a VGA monitor and see if you can log in locally.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

>I think your only answer is to ask someone at the remote site to conncxt up a keyboard.

Unfortunately that appears to be the case. My only hope is that the client didn't scrap the Windows 7 box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back