Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administer a resource for bookings

Status
Not open for further replies.

redapples

Technical User
May 1, 2003
GB
I have some resources such as rooms and equipment (laptops, projectors and the like) which all have mailboxes and can be scheduled in. This is fine and dandy. I have read much about being able to get these resources to accept meeting requests automatically again fine and dandy. However I have been asked to give a staff member administration rights over a meeting room giving them the final say so on whether it can be used. They prefer this method because the sometimes forget(!!!!) to add in meeting they know are taking place and others might book it out ahead of them. To be fair these are Board Meeting and similar so resonably important, still...

So how do I set the mailbox calendar up so that a message is sent to the office admin who can then approve the booking and add the appointment. At the moment I have forwarded mail sent to the meeting room to go to the staff memember. What happens though is that they get the mail message and should they accept the meeting is then added to their schedule not the meeting room's. I want them to be able to accept on behalf of the meeting room (if you see what I mean). I also have given this staff member owner privilages on the calendar for meeting room.

Where have I gone wrong and where do I find the info I need?

Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back