Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

admin ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifix1

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
Hello All
I have a friends computer that I installed xp pro on ,i set it up with him as admin,wife as admin,2 kids as users and 1 guest.I grabbed the default admin account and pass worded it so i can work on it when i go over(nothing under handed)
when i go over their house i do maintenance on their computers while i drink their beer:)..
when it boots up it shows all accounts created except the admin account and thats fine but how can i get to a screen to log on as admin..
they really don't need to see the admin account on the welcome screen.i've read and tried things like ctrl-alt-delete at welcome screen, booted to safe mode nothing there that i seen

any suggestions?

AS ALWAYS THANKS!!

oh you guys might be interested in this, the reason i brought it home to format was i wanted to put it on my network to virus scan, 676 infected files 5 viruses & 4 worms.2.4gig 512ddr ram,it ran like st*t..needless to say i bought norton for them

THANKS AGAIN

Hit ctrl+alt+del twice at the logon screen, you'll then see the Administrator logon account.

Thanks shaner66
it worked,the reason it didn't work before was that i had users logged on..

A BIG THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back