Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin viewing email in another NT account 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettamer

MIS
Mar 17, 2002
US
Is it possible to log on as one NT account and view the mails of another NT account without setting up an alternate recipient? I would like the emails to stay in the original NT account and no duplicates to be sent out.

I just want to set it up so that I can log in as one NT account and use Outlook to read the emails of several NT accounts (for the same person), possibly by switching to a different Outlook profile. I tried this but Exchange said: "you do not have the permission to log on", probably because I was logged on as a different NT user from the one assigned to the email account.

What is Distributed Network Authentication and can I use this to solve the issue? Thanks.

suggestion. In exchange admin, give yourself (or whatever ID you choose for this purpose) at least User permissions on the desired mailbox object. Then, in Outlook, do a FILE, OPEN, Other User's Folder....is that good enough?

Yes...that would do the trick! But, how and where do you assign additional user permission to a mail box in Exchange 5.5 Admin? Thanks.

Open the Recipients container (this is the default). you'll see the mailboxes in the right pane. Double click the mailbox in question, go to the Permissions tab, and add your ID in using the Add button. Assign the proper permissions. User permissions is all you need to do what you described....

Thanks...I can do it to the recipient container.

I would also like to this but when I open a recipients mail properties there is no permissions tab, am I looking in the wrong place or is there another reason I get the following tabs

Delivery restrictions, delivery options, Protocols, custom attributes, limits, advanced, general, organization, phone/notes, distribution lists, and e-mail addresses
Where is the permissions tab?

I've found it you need to add the tab from the administration tool bar: tools>options>permissions tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back