Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin SW Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go1dFinger

Programmer
Jan 15, 2008
US
Hello all,

I must say up front I am an Avaya Tech so anything about Ericsson is new to me. I have what I hope is a basic question:

Does Ericsson have its own proprietary SW to Administer MAC's in the PBX/VM and if so what is the integration?

Thanks for the answers.

I think you are talking about the Voice Mail integration. Am I right? If so:
Ericsson has a proprietary VM integration protocol. You can have it both Rs-232 or IP.

Thanks kank for the response, actually I may should have of probably not used the word "integration". I am trying determine what Software Application Ericsson utilizes for remote maintenance, such as Soft MAC's. I know that both Avaya and Nortel have such an application but I have no idea if Ericsson does. I did google and came up with Ericsson DNA but I do not believe this is what I am looking for.

Thanks again for the response

DNA is a suite of applications designed for use with the PBX. It comprises a switchboard application (Operator Workstation or OWS), a directory function (Directory Manager or DMG) and a management application (Extension Manager).

Extension Manager is the one I think you refer to. It's a customer focused application that translates from a GUI interface into the command line programming. Communication is over a serial v24 cable or TELNET.

The command line can also be input using a terminal package called WinFIOL, although this is aimed at advanced users and engineers. There is no GUI in WinFIOL, only command based language.

Thanks slash50, that is the exact info I was looking for.

Cheers!

Got it. You are looking similar thing to ASA at Avaya. For the systems equal or lower than TSW(bc12-bc11 etc) it is Winfiol. Actualy winfiol is a terminal program with additional features. You can configure system with telnet or hyperterminal also. For the server version you can use any program that supports SSH connection as putty. On old systems and terminal (with winfiol) you do not have any help about the commands at the interface. So you will another program with proper libaries which is called ALEX(active libary express). Server version is Linux so at the SSH connection you can have some help about the commands. Hope this is usefull.

Very useful kank, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

From Aastra via your local Authorised Service Provider. Getting the software is not difficult, it's the license you need means you must always go to Aastra,

best parnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back