Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin rights question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua1

MIS
Nov 19, 2002
US
How do I give myself full admin rights in exch client to do what ever I want like creating public folders etc...

You will need to setup your rights under Exchange Administrator.

From here highlight your site and select tools/options - then the permissions tab.

Question under the permission tab how would I set for myself
full admin rights?

Adding your Username and selecting "Service Account Admin" will give you complete control.

Great , what would be the least permission to use for someone when you just want them just to create accounts?

Check the help files and look for permissions

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

I set myself for service account admin and I still cannot create a public folder.

What is the message it gives you, and where are you trying to add them ?

"Unable to create the folder" - (any test folder)
"You do not have sufficent permission to perform this operation on the object".
"See folder contact or your system admin"

Any resolution to this? I've added myself as Service Admin on all levels, but still don't have permission to add a public folder. Small single-org, single server site.
Getting the same messages as this last post.

Public folders have their own permissions, use Admin to view the properties of a public folder, then click the Client Permissions button. The Service Account isn't automatically added to the client permissions of a PF, and you need to be in there to do things to the PF.

Thanks for the hints. Restarting the Information store didn't work. In regards to what you're saying, zbnet, I'm trying to create a new, top-level public folder. The public folder container doesn't have properties that I can modify. I'm already a Service Account Admin for its parent, the Pulic Information Store (and each Parent above that, ie the Server, the Domain, and the Organization). I just don't know why its not letting me create.
Thanks

Top Level PF creation can be restricted - there's a tab on the Information Store Site Confoguration properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back