Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

reisve

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2004
AO
Hi
I have a CS1K Rel 7.6 and can't login with admin on it. It gives me an invalid password message. The admin2 and root are working.
Can anyone tell me how I can recover that password?

Thank You

The admin password is part of the UCM. If admin doesn't work then more than likely UCM is down

Or your Call Server is no longer a member of the Security Domain

LD 117 statsecdomain

It shouldn't be UCM down as that should still log you in and tell you it used the local emergency copy of the account details. Your CS1K is it Linux or VXWorks CS and when you say you can login with Root are you talking about the linux base as thats not an account normally associated with the callserver?

Needless to say what type of system is it, on what hardware and what you trying to access?

As admin2 is not normally in the UCM (unless you added it), if you can login to the CS with admin2 then it would point towards the CS not being in the security domain. If you are talking about the linux base of a server then I would normally use admin2 anyway but you could try re-registering it to the sec domain, check certificates in UCM/SMGR etc.

KCFLHRC said it while i was typing long winded version

PDT statSecDomain

or

LD 117
STAT UCMSECURITY INFO - Show the Primary Security Server IP address and fingerprint
STAT UCMSECURITY SYSTEM - Show UCMSECURITY status for all system elements
STAT UCMSECURITY SYSTEM REFRESH - get all MGC etc. to reconfirm their status to the callserver

@bignose21

Those passwords are at linux base.
Is it possible to get into VXWORKS with the admin2?

Thank You

VxWorks should have an admin1 and admin2 password, Then when joined to the Security Domain it uses admin

@KCFLHRC
Exactly. And it was admin I lost access to

if you can get into the CS with admin2 then i would suspect its not in the sec domain. So LD 117 "stat ucm cs" will probably say its not in the sec domain. if so "reg ucm cs" and use the admin to register it. Then you should be able to access with the admin.

If its out the domain or you just can't access the vxworks CS then you can follow the password reset in the Security Fundamentals NTP, you would need the install CF to complete this.

for the admin not working on linux base, check the certificate is not expired in UCM/SMGR and re-register the server into the sec domain

host/IP>/local-login

use admin2 to login, and register with the admin user

When I got in with admin 2, The prompt I get from VXWORKS is a dot, and it says the terminal is Icle

When you login to VXWorks you should see

Banner followed by
TTY #10 LOGGED IN USERNAME 15:00 8/3/2018

>

If your not seeing that chances are you not logged in hit enter a few times if you are seeing something like the below then you are not:

>
TTY 10 SCH MTC BUG 15:03
OVL111 IDLE 0
>
OVL111 IDLE 0
>
OVL111 IDLE 0
>

If thats the case you might want to run through the password reset, you will need an install CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back