Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin not able to delete a object in crystal consol managment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravisunkari

Programmer
Feb 8, 2011
GB
Hi,
Good Morning

I am not able to delete a object even though I am having admin rights.

In the rights page of object, administrators have schedule permissions.

And only refresh button is enabled on the page.

Can any one please let me know the solution.

Hi,
If the admins have only schedule rights to the object then someone has reset the permissions from the default - as admin you should be able to add permissions back to that object and then delete it.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thank you very much for the answer.

Yes, by mistake I have clicked on the reset button in the rights tab.
Can you pelase let me know the steps to add the permissions back to object.

Hi,
It could be a problem since the Administrator may not have the rights needed to change the rights on that object.
Try going up to the folder level and adding full rights to he administrator account there..that may 'trickle down' to the objects in that folder but it may not.
Did you try to add rights at the object's security tab? Be sure you are logged in as administrator, not just as a user who is a member of the administrators group.

[profile]

Hi,
I am a admin user. As this system was configured long time back. We are not able to trace back the admin account.

We access through Active Directory Account. Will the admin account from active directory will be able to delete the object.

We also have access to the server. we are able to login into the system and delete the object.

But not able to remove this from the CMC.

As I am entirely new to this system and dont have any idea regarding the configuration of CMC.

Can you brief about the admin account and when it come into picture during set.

i.e Is it like 'sa' in sql server.

Is there any other solution to delete the object. Please let me know.

Regards,
Ravi

I am not an expert in this area, but just recently we moved to a newer version of BO and now we cannot delete from the CMC. This is due to the fact that the adminstrator of the BO has removed delete rights for everyone (including the administrator group). For a particular object, an administrator should be able to override that security (sorta of a fail safe to keep people from accidently deleting something they shouldn't).

Hi,
Ther administreator account is very special ( yes, like sa in SqlServer or root in *nix )

If a permission is removed at a top level it cannot be added at a lower level by anyone, including the administrator - check the top level permissions and be sure that the administrator account has full rights everywhere..move down through the folders and check each one that is involved with that object ( top level first, always)

The AD/administrator account may be OK, so login using AD authentication.

[profile]

I have found out the Ad admin account to log in to the system.

Path is: Authentication --> windows Ad tab.

We have requested for reset of the password for this user.

After the pasword is reset. Can you pelase let me know what should I have to do to delete the object.

Hi,
As administrator, just navigate to the object and change the permissions then delete it - if you cannot, at that level, try higher up the folder chain, but it may not work.

(Unless that object is causing problems, why not just ignore it ?)

[profile]

Thank you for all your support.

As we have lost the admin password. And didn't get any approval for reseting the password.

We thought to supress the report name on the website through code.

Still need to test and deploy the change in test.

Hi,
we have resolved this issues. we have created new users with admin rights and deleted the object by providing the folder level and file level permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back