Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin Manager 4.2 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

r6wraith600

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2006
CA
I recently upgraded a client to 4.2, well attempted to. In the end I had to bring another computer in with 4.2 installed and upgrade them.

The issue I am having is after installing 4.2 manager and VM Pro all looks fine during the install. VM works with no issues.

I can not get manager to connect or work properly without tossing an error at me. I don't have the "debug" error that it spits out but I will post it shortly. When I start manager up, it loads and wait for me to select what I want to do. I have click advanced and upgrade and upon doing that it basically crashes and displays and windows with debugging info in it and I can hit continue or cancel. Which I canceled because I am not upgrading with a broken manager. I tried simply to connect but the window never comes up and I don't even get an error message, which is extremely odd.

I am at a loss as to how to get manager to run on this system. I have uninstalled, re-installed, downgraded to the previous version (which worked and works fine even after downgrading).

Anyone else experience a 4.2 Manager issue? I am in the process of upgrading the computer to all the latest Windows XP Pro updates and service packs. It was a service pack 2 at the time.

There is no anti-virus or firewall turned on, this system doesn't have access to the outside world so there is no need.

There has to be a small patch or update that needs to be done I am figuring. I have done a few 4.2 upgrades so far and everything has gone fine expect for this one system. I am trying to avoid a complete re-install.

Wow I just figured it out!!!!!!!!
For some reason the working directory was set to simply C:\ which did work fine in previous builds since it has been working fine in all previous builds.
4.2.4 does not allow this and crashes as a result.

So I hope this post helps someone in the future. Just as I posted my question I answered it.

Can I give myself a star? LOL

I've had upgrades drop the Directory back to C:\ too! Don't know why it happens.

ACS - IP Office Implement

I jsut wish the error message that appears was a bit more detailed as to that being the specific problem.

This is what I got ....

Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. See the end of this message for details.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Avaya.IPOffice.Manager.MainForm.PreciseDirectoryExists(String value)
at Avaya.IPOffice.Manager.MainForm.ConfigureSearchWizard(Boolean bUseOldPwdDlg, Boolean bUpgrade, Boolean bDontShowUser, Boolean bWAN3s, HelpContextEnum helpid)
at Avaya.IPOffice.Manager.MainForm.upgradeToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Manager
Assembly Version: 4.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 6.2 (4)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Avaya/IP%20Office/Manager/Manager.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
UpgdWiz
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Avaya/IP%20Office/Manager/UpgdWiz.DLL
SecurityManager
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Avaya/IP%20Office/Manager/SecurityManager.DLL
CoreServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Avaya/IP%20Office/Manager/CoreServices.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.762
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.762
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700/msvcm80.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Manager.resources
Assembly Version: 4.2.11.24
Win32 Version: 6.2.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Avaya/IP%20Office/Manager/en-US/Manager.resources.DLL
AvailabiltyValidationVisability
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Avaya/IP%20Office/Manager/AvailabiltyValidationVisability.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
Application does not support Windows Forms just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. Contact the application author for more
information.

A simple "The directory "C:" is not a valid working directory" would have been much easier to trouble shoot.

Not for the developers wich should see this message !!!

It is not that hard if you know what it means :)
Not that i know

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Avaya.IPOffice.Manager.MainForm.PreciseDirectoryExists(String value)"

I started with the first line and said, ok what directory can I adjust, and ironically that's what it was. So it was a good guess on my part.

Now only if the VM upgrade didn't blow up in my face I would have been ok. 4.2 VM pro upgrade has issues for sure.

I do not like upgrading
Always make a backup, deinstall and reinstall
Restore the needed stuff and go on :)

I have never had an issue until this build. I usually do and did in this case as normal but something broke badly and I couldn't recover from it. As I see other posts surfacing with similar issues.

we did our in house kit today and it went fine,

contactstore stopped picking up recordings for about ten minutes, phone manager started putting 2 icons in the start>progams>ip office bit and restarted 2 machines without asking but that was it, i was expecting worse to be honest

Never had such a boring fieldtrial :)

ha ha, wasnt 4.0 and all the reboots much more exciting :)

Indeed :)
Never did so much upgrading in a short time

I am waithing for 5.0 already :)

Don't forget the ATM16 issue, that was great to see a fix a week later.

I mean Avaya has been getting better and I know they implemented a better testing scenario, but I as we see already 4.2 has a private build a week later. For something no less that should have been tested in my opinion.

The private builds is made in the field trial !
It was already available when 4.2 came GA
I think that is great because they know about it and release the PB
They could have wait untill Q4

Agreed. Sometimes I don't know what Avaya thinks, I suggested a public forum at a meeting or at least toss some engineers in here one and a while to see what everyone says about them.

They laughed btw....

they laughed because they are in this forum already

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back