Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin Form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LincolnMarkV

Programmer
Dec 22, 2003
US
Hello,

I design a Access 2003 on Windows XP. The database is split with a FE/BE. The end user wants to be able to add new users and set permissions himself. I do not want this user to be able to have admin rights and/or have the ability to make anyone an admin.

Has anyone out there been faced with this situation?

Thanks,
Dave

It is a difficult situation, the best place to discuss it is in forum717

Well, I guess I wasn't aiming for a discussion, though I did word it that way. What I want to do is to create a form that a user I assign can use to create new users and set permissions. I do not want this user to be an admin nor do I want the user to be able to select Admin as a group.

I have searched and not found anything.

Please help...

How are ya LincolnMarkV . . .

Adding [blue]new users[/blue] and [blue]assigning permissions[/blue] is an [purple]admin function![/purple] . . . Gotta be!

If I were in your shoes the [blue]end user would have to sign legal documentation[/blue] relieving me of all responsibility for anything that goes wrong . . .

[blue]You could get burried (literally) otherwise![/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

LincolnMarkV . . .

The legal documentation may also be the [blue]retardent[/blue] your looking for! [thumbsup2] . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back