Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin console shutsdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulsj

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
SE
Hi All

I have reasently upgraded to NB 4,5 patch from 3.4.1 patch3
And all worked fine but when I try to access activity monitor the admin console shutsdown. I have tryed host files

Enviroment looks like this
Master server w2000 sp3
1 media server w2000 sp2
2x MScluster media server sp2
all uppgraded to NB 4.5 patch1
and about 10 w2000 and NT clients. on nb 3.4.1 patch 3

/Ulf

uninstall you master and media server and install a new nbu 4.5.

before this ,copy your 3.4 db(c:..\netbackup\db ; c:..\netbackup\var ; c:..volmgr\database) to a safe dir

after install ,recover this three dir

Hi!

This problem is solwed. In the 3.4.1 I hade a cluster virtual name as a storage node. This will not work in 4.5.
Is soon as a try to create a STU with a virtula name and access activity monitorn admin console shuts down.

/Ulf

Ulf is correct. We had this problem show up in our 4.5 installation. When you remove all storage units which reference a virtual cluster name, the activity monitor will no longer crash the GUI.

To backup servers with virtual cluster names, use the storage unit groups functionality. Each node of the cluster will have a storage unit assigned to it, then group all of these storage units together. For convenience, we then label the storage unit group with the virtual cluster name.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back