Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin access to all mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

collt

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
GB
Just upgraded from 5.5 to 2000. When logging in as Administrator (Windows 2000)I want to have the permissions to access all mailboxes. Where can I assign these permissions?

Open "Active Directory Users and Computers" - Open Properties Dialog Box of the user, Select "exchange Advanced" tab, Click "Mailbox Rights" button, add you account and give "Full Mailbox Access" right.
Open your Outlook Client, go to the Tools - Services - at the Services tab select "Microsoft Exchange Server" and then click "Properties", select "Advanced" tab, click "Add" at the "Mailboxes" section, type the mailbox name, "Apply", "Ok", "Ok"

I am sure there is a way where you can universally let Administrator have access to all mailboxes without having to go to "Active Directory Users and Computers" and updating it for every user.

I do not recall it but through "System Manager" there is a way.

I believe if you do a Delegate permissions on the ORG in System Manager, you can grant access to Everything.

Thanks. I referred to MS Knowledge Base Article Q262054 (and Q259221) as suggested and this has helped me solve my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back