Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADM Template for drive mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bachinat0r

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
does anyone know how maps some network drives using GPO. an ADM template would be great for this. where could i get one? thanks.

michael

Can you not run a script, either .bat or .vbs from user config\windows settings\scripts (logon/logoff) ???

thanks for the reply. i could run a script; matter of fact i have one that i developed that i could use. i am trying to have a script free environment though, that is why i am looking for a adm template to do the job.

If you manage to do it, let me know..id really appreciate...

The only way I know of giving users drive mappings without using scripts or batch files is to use PolicyMaker by Desktop Standard. It's not particularly cheap, but you also get the ability to supply application icons to desktop/ menus, set default settings in Office/ Outlook apps and loads more. I've found it very useful. Worth evaluating it if you want to steer clear of old hat scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back