Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADL Autodial not worknig

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvhitekid2

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
US
After programming some sets with some autodial numbers, i have noticed that none of my sets can use autodial. It pretends like its there, and that you can program it from the set, but it doesn't 'save' it. The information is on the opt 11, but doesn't work on the set itself. I am working with 2616 and 2008. There doesn't seem to be any CLSs that would stop autodial from working...? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

I take that back. it is saving it into translations, but it is NOT working on the set. When I press the button, it wants me to program the number again...

I found something else interesting. I tried using a RDL (redial) button for the first time, and that acted the same way. Also, when i tried adding cls rdla, it told me that ARDL package is not equipped (ld 11, 16, 81)

Any ideas? I'm not sleepign until this is fixed.

Wow. there goes 2 hours that i'm not getting back :)

Why doesn't that work without taking it off hook? I get the prompts to program an autodial when I do it onhook

Thanks tons!

Autodial needs to be programmed from the set and not at the terminal...

you leave the phone on hook to program the number (and change it if you decide to) and you go off-hook to actually dial that number. And you can program the number from the terminal (not sure if that's release-dependent) if you already know in advance what your user is going to want on that autodial key.

If you want to permanently assign a number to call, try hot-dial (HOT D) instead of autodial (ADL).
Hot-dial keys can dial out without going off hook, but must be programmed at the terminal.

Thank you to all who have replied. I am one of those people who program the phones, but never use them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back