Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adjunct Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcmerlin

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
US
We have a Merlin Legend 7.0 PBX. We don't have voice mail or an automated attendant. It is also company policy to not do a cold transfer (unannounced transfer). So if the person is not at there desk, the receptionist puts the call on hold, picks up the loudspeaker and tells the person to pick up the phantom extension and then transfers the call to the phantom extension and announces the caller when the desired person picks up.

I currently have the phantom extension taking up an analog port on the PBX. I want to use an adjunct since almost nobody uses them. But it appears that an adjunct is busied out if an MFM is NOT installed. Is that the case? And if so is there a way I can trick it to think that an MFM is installed to use the adjunct as a phantom extension.

Seems like you are adding a step to the process. If you need to announce a transfer: Press Transfer + the extension and don't hang up (the caller is on hold during this time). Once the person answers, you announce the call to them and if they want to take the call you press Transfer again to complete the transfer and connect the outside caller to the transferred party..

The operator has 8 park zones (881 to 888), if the receptionist's extension is an operator position, she can use those to park calls, the user simple pulls the call to their extension ( #9 [park zone number] )
if that doesn't work for you, add the adjuncts to a coverage group (1-30), then the system won't consider the adjunct as a dead end.

When Linux is Free and Open, who needs Windows or Gates?

Telcomboy: That works for when the person is at their desk. This issue that I am trying to correct is when the person gets a phone call and they are somewhere else in the building.

XrayboX: The park zones don't work because you can't announce the call before transferring the call. I'm not familiar with coverage groups. I'll have to look into that.

Coverage groups
Code:
system program 
exit
Extensions
More
Group Cover
[enter group number from 1 to 30 with 30 traditionally be used/reserved for Voicemail] 
Enter
[enter the adjuncts you want to use ]

When Linux is Free and Open, who needs Windows or Gates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back