Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Addressograph (Generic / Text Only) Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keoki

Programmer
Feb 22, 2000
US
Visit site
Has anyone attempted to print to an addressograph printer? I have tried using crystal reports. Didn't work. I have tried using VB 6.0 and printing a string. Didn't work.

For some reason, both methods seem to send line and form feeds that the addressograph doesn't like. I have searched high and low for a solution, but haven't found anything. If anyone has a new idea of how I can approach this, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks.

Keoki
gb@cardinalhill.org

keoki: Not tried an Addressograph myself but how about experimenting with a text object with embedded fields and see if this helps David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Thanks for responding.

I finally figured it out. While working through the initial testing, I was only sending one line of text to the printer. When I would send this same line to a .txt file and then looked at the file, all I would see would be two squares that turned out to be end of file markers. After trying numerous other things and failing I finally sent 3 three lines. When I looked at the .txt file I saw that the first line was missing, but the other two there. The fix: make the first line an empty string.

Now it works great!

Keoki
gb@cardinalhill.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back