Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Addressing a SELECTed value of a form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

morsagmon

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
US
Hi.

I have a form that contains a <SELECT> field among others. I'm using POST:

<FORM NAME=&quot;iview_select&quot; METHOD=&quot;POST&quot; ACTION=&quot;
<SELECT ID=&quot;selected_iview&quot; onchange=&quot;this.form.submit()&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;>
<OPTION SELECTED>Mor dispatcher test1 - Title<OPTION>Mor Dispatcher Test2 - Title</SELECT>

<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=&quot;iview_group&quot; VALUE=1>
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=&quot;NumOfLines&quot; VALUE=5>
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=&quot;URL&quot; VALUE=<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=&quot;IIS&quot; VALUE=HOUDS1201.ac.com>
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=&quot;orig_iview_id&quot; VALUE=743>

</FORM>

1. How do I address the SELECTED value of the SELECT field in the destination page ?

2. If I want to add an INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN field that will contain the SELECTED value, what should be this new added field's VALUE ?

Thanks,

Mor.

give your select a name, the same as the id then:

document.iview_select.selected_iview.value jared@aauser.com

Thanks for your answer.

However, I don't see how this addresses my situation.

The SELECT field, being a part of a submited form, is being POSTed on submition. I need to address the SELECTed value in the target (ACTION) page to which the form is being submitted.

In other words, assuming the FORM NAME=&quot;myform&quot; and the SELECT NAME=&quot;myselect&quot;, what should I write where in order to be able to address the selected value in the DESTINATION page, using variable myselect there ?

Thanks,

Mor.

<%selval=Request(&quot;myselect&quot;)%>

then to write it somewhere:

<%=selval%> jared@aauser.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back