Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Printing for Window Envelopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonJ

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am outputting a letter in a word document from an ASP page for various users. Each user will use a window envelope, so it is essential that the placement of the address on the letter matches the window on the envelope. Some users will use window envelopes where the address is aligned to the right and some will use envelopes where the address is aligned to the left.

Does anyone know how I can create the document and be able to specify where the address will appear, which needs to be determined by the user that has logged on?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am really struggling with this!

SonJ

DNG

I did try a stylesheet. It seemed to work in the browser, but not in a word document.

Someone else mentioned using bookmarks in a word document and seeing if that would work. I am not too sure where to start, any ideas?

SonJ

Will the address appear on a web page or on the word document?

Then use two textboxes in the Word doc and programmatically select which one to fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back