Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallcheese

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
GB
Hi,
Can somebody please help with creating custom address lists in exchange. I have staff and pupils groups, and wish to create separate lists containing only those group members. The Global Address list has become too full to make useable now.
Not sure I've explained that too well. I wish for 2 lists, one with only staff in, one with only pupils in.

Many, many thanks.
I'm getting earache over this!
Tom

Hi,

In the Desciption field for each student, put in "student".

Create a new address list in Exchange manager, Call it Students and create the rule for the address list:
user -> description -> begins with -> and put the value "Student" and add the rule. Preview the list just to make sure the resource shows up.

Repeat this step for teachers.

Now your users will see in the Global address list separate listings for students or teachers.

You could even expand this to be specific teacher groups (i.e. science, math, history, etc..), and really help manage the Global Address list.

Hope this helps,

Wyz

This works fairly well. I was hoping to be able to use security groups or something else to do it like building an ldap query string.

Anyone else have any ideas??

Hi,

You could build a distribution list, and make sure it's not hidden, that should work as well. Then you can break it down anyway you need it.

Hope this helps,

Wyz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back