Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Lists Not Visible in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

billberge

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2003
US
We have exchange 2007 and users use outlook 2003. We're facing a problem that we can not see any address lists other than the GAL in Outlook. We just see our GAL and no other list. No All Rooms, All Users, All Contacts, or All Rooms. But when we acces our webmail OWA we can see the other lists that created on exchange.
I've search and search but cannot find any information on how to correct. Can anyone help here?

In Outlook, click SEND/RECEIVE>SEND RECEIVE GROUPS>DOWNLOAD ADDRESS BOOK. (the exact menu options might be slightly different as I don't have Outlook 2003 handy). See if you get any errors. If it downloads ok and you don't see the address lists, look at the mailbox server where the OAB is generated and look at the event log to see if there are generation errors for the OAB.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thanks 58sniper for the post. I've downloaded the GAL through Outlook several times wit the same result. The GAL is updating but the Address List are not visible. None of the clients are in cached mode. Really not sure what to do here. I checked the AD permissions on the DC using ADSIEDIT tool and authenticated users do have open address list and read permissions.

Okay, so a recap:

Users using OWA can see the address lists without issue.
*SAME* users using Outlook 2003 in ONLINE mode to access the SAME mailboxes do not see the address lists.

Correct?

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back