Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezinz28

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
Group,

I am not very familiar with Lotus Notes. I am more familiar with Exchange so here is my question.

Recently we have had a rash of contractors start and stop. Is there a way I can hide them from the address book. I know in Exchange it is as easy as opening the user info up and checking a box. Can you do this with Lotus Notes as well? If so how?

Thank you,
Steve Thank You,
Steve

Hi,

NO NOT POSSIBLE... Since u r using local address book for storing ur personal contacts and local address book there is no security built in (ie., ACL).

Regards,
Nanda.

Nanda,

This is for the Address book on the server for the company.
Steve

Do you know if this is an addition in R6? Thank You,
Steve

Steve,

Can u just explain the real or just try to give a similar kind of situation then i will give how NOTES behaves and hope that might solve ur problem...

Regards,
Nanda.

kvnandakumar,

I have some people's accounts that I need to make unavailable in the Address book without remove them from Lotus. Also if I need to put them back in the address book it needs to be easy.
Steve Thank You,
Steve

Steve,

A bit unorthodox, but if you want to remove these person docs from your Public NAB with the option of re-instating, you could do the following :-

Create New Database, call it "Temp Public Address Book" tempnames.nsf & base the design on public address book ntf.
Cut & paste the person docs from live NAB to tempnames.nsf

Whilst the person doc is missing, no mail can be delivered.

Then, if the contractor returns, you can copy & paste back.

Don't forget to properly delete person when contractor leaves for definite, to remove all refs to name from server.

Hope this helps.

Steve Ruffell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back