Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Book Views and OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmurray

MIS
May 28, 2002
US
I'm running NT 4 SP6A and Exchange 5.5 on a member server. I am attempting to host two companies in my site. I setup the Address book views and they work as advertised.

Problem: The original company AAA has no problem accessing Outlook Web Access (OWA). The new company, BBB gets the "failed to get inbox" message. If I change the company on one of these boxes from BBB to AAA, it works.

As part of the Address Book View setup, I was instructed to limit the Service Account Admin's permissions to "Search." If I change this permission back to the original settings, OWA works for both companies.

Any thoughts?

I know the two issues are definately related. The MS post you mentioned looked promising, but it didn't help, unless I misenterprted it.

Prior to setting up the ABV's, I had no company specified in the attributes of each mailbox. Since adding the ABV's, I specified company AAA and BBB. Why would members of AAA be able to get into OWA if the only thing that differentaites them from BBB is membership in a ABV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back