Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Book Vanished 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStressFactor

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2002
US
Hello All,

I have a user who has had his blackberry for months and has no problems at all. Today he goes into his address book and all his contacts ae gone. So I try to re-sync, remove and re-add his contacts, re-set the blackberry and nothing works.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Patrick

Are the contacts still present in Outlook? Has the name of the Contacts folder changed?

If they are there, try going into Intellisynch, configure PIM, Contacts. Remove the present pointer to his contact folder, close, exit that window, go back in again and reselect his Contacts folder. I've found that sometimes that folder reference needs to be removed and refreshed. No idea why.

Steve

I've had some success with the following procedure:

In the PIM settings, uncheck all the options - not just address book.

Confirm by pressing OK, go back to Desktop Manager and exit out of it.

Start Desktop Manager once again, make sure the boxes are still unchecked and reconfigure the PIM settings (don't forget the contacts list(s) and wireless calendar settings, if any) and sync up the handheld.

If this still does not work at this point, reset the device (ALT-CAP-DEL).

If it still does not sync up, you will need to recreate the MAPI profile for this user.

Al;so, when all else fails in solving user-based config problems like this:

- Close Desktop Manager
- Delete <user profile>\Application Data\Rersearch In Motion folder
- Delete registry key HKCU\Software\Research In Motion
- Open Desktop Manager, reselect configuration

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back