Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address book sync'ing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeane

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2001
GB
hi

New installation of OCS 2007, the clients are not able to sync the address book.

On the server I have check the event viewer and fixed any issues relating to the creation of the address book, main problem was that the folder structure was not created so could not write files to:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Web Components\Address Book Files\Files\mydomain

Now when I use 'abserver -syncnow' it creates the required dabs and lsabs files.

However the internal web location:-
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Web Components\Address Book Files\Int\Handler

is not changing (should it??) from examples online i'm supposed to see the dabs and lsabd files listed there to test download connection. I have placed a test html page in this location and used IE to open it to prove that https etc was working correctly.

Suggestions on what to try next would be welcome, another thing to mention is that I have enabled the OU syncing using the absconfig tool so that my address books are split into OU's for grouping, whould this cause an issue??

Thank you

Jon

Hi,

check whether ur ocs server is running any other websites like communicator web access or any thing else in iis manager.
if it is i think it is not a better idea to run any other websites in ocs server.watever u can do one thing. assign default ports for default website ie 80 and 443.
u can use other ports like 8080 and 8000 for other websites.make sure these ports are opened in proxy and firewall. In my case absync did not work because of ports issue. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back