Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address book points to wrong contact list Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad21

Technical User
May 20, 2002
US
I have a client whos outlook 2003 address book points to an older contact list that he no longer wants. In outlook, under contacts(on the main page of outlook), it shows the contact list that he wants to use. But when he goes to compose mail and clicks on his address book, and clicks on Contact List, it shows a very old version that he made 5 years ago, and the new contact list that he wants does not show up. So he has a old contact list that outlook is pointing to, and I am wondering where that file is and if I can simply delete it. I have tried recreating his address book multiple times, and everytime it shows up as it should, but is pointing to a much older contact list that we cannot even find except when composing mail and going to the address book.

So can anyone help? I appreciate any feedback, and thank you for your time,

-Todd Thomas

I will check with my client and see if this fixes it. Thank you for your link.

-Todd

Todd Thomas
Assistant Network Administrator
Illinois State University Bio/Chem/Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back