Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address book/Contacts in Outlook Web Access Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1701

MIS
May 30, 2003
CA
When I go to address an email or use the address book feature in OWA, I am presented with the standard 'Find Names - Web Page Dialog' screen where I can
search by Display Name, Last Name, First Name, etc. The problem I am encountering is that it is only finding names in the Global Address List, and none of the Contacts.

Is this by design? Is there an option I need to turn on? It isn't very helpful just finding names in the GAL.

Any help appreciated,

That will only work if your Contacts are stored on the server, so you should be able to view them, but NOT if you are using a PST or have them stored locally.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
Have a look at the shop @ !

Thanks for the input. Everything is stored on the Exchange server mailbox. There is no local component (i.e. no PST on the C drive or anything).

Tony,

I am experiencing the same error.

Is it possible to add contacts to the global address book?

Or is the global address book only maintained and updated throught the active directory?

Thank You,
thehustler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back