Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add'l problems incurred when erasing programming on a Nortel VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

outback1

Technical User
Mar 6, 2012
US
Hello, I copied and pasted the below post I found. I wanted to erase the data from a voice mail. I did exactly what was in the response from norstarboy125, and now ALL the features are gone including 983. Any thoughts?

TheMitelGuy (IS/IT--Management)
20 Apr 07 20:30
Is there a quick way to erase all programming on a Nortel voice mail. It's going from ABC Co. to XYZ Co. and they need to start fresh? I've never had to do this...

norstarboy125 (Vendor)
22 Apr 07 4:13
log into voicemail feat. 983 pswd 12xxxx or 102xxxx etc. depending on your dn lengh then press 1 pswd REINSTALL that will erase all old data. Then you will have to do a Feat. 983 pswd CONFIG after the vmail is reset, then your good to go.

Try doing Feature **xftest, password is config and verify that the feature codes are there.

When I did feature **XFTEST, I got for feature 903 this message: F903:41434462
Test
I selected "test" and it came back with this message: F903: Inactive

ironhorse17, Does Nortel have to activate them or can it be done in programming?

I don't have a clue as to why. However the Flash is now working.I did the reinstall again. Then F903 was there, so I set the code range and initialized it. Removed all the inactive F9xx and all seems to be fine. I'm confused. Is it possible that the first 'reinstall' would have left or corrupted data?

Thanks guys for all your help. It was much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back