Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Additional SMTP addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth2K

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
GB
Is it possible to mass create additional SMTP addresses for users. We have over 9000 users and their SMTP is their display name there is now a requirement to have an additional address with their alias. Can this be done? and how easy is it to do? Would it be a directory export to a csv then a directory import and what are the pitfalls of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

"Paranoia is reality on a finer scale...."

A belated thanks for the reply but that is as clear as mud can someone give any more detailed help on this matter?

From Microsoft :

To produce a custom recipient with the Exchange Administrator program, complete the SMTP address and First and Last name fields in the "New Custom Recipient" dialog box. Using the E-mail Addresses dialog box in the given custom recipients dialog box, add a "New E-mail address" type of Internet Address.

To produce a custom recipient with the same characteristics as one produced by the procedure above, use the following import file format:
Obj-Class, First Name, Last name, Display Name, Alias Name, Directory Name, E-mail Address, Secondary-Proxy-Addresses

Remote,User,1,User1,User1,User1,SMTP:User1@org.com, SMTP:User1@org2.com%SMTP:User1@org3.com%SMTP:User2@org2.com

The only problem is there is no Raw Object or schema for Secondary-Proxy-Addresses does this have to be created has anyone actually done this before and could shed some light on it. I would like to have an addtional internet address with the %username%@somedomain.com

Thanks in advance

Please ignore last post

sorry

Hi,

I am looking to delete several secondary smt addresses from our exchange site.I have tried just using a csv file with the e-mail addresses adn secondary-proxy-addresses headers but this will only edit/add whatever addresses I put in the file.It won't remove the aliases already there.I've looked at article Q170378 but this doesn't work.
Any ideas please???

thanks
niamh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back